CITOC, Inc. was founded 18 years ago on the premise that “Change Is The Only Constant™”. As a technology consulting company, CITOC has experienced significant growth in the past several years which has led to being awarded Houston Business Journal’s Fast 100 and the Fast Tech 50 for six years. CITOC was also featured in Inc. Magazine’s 500 | 5000 which profiles the top privately held firms, and has received the Microsoft Partner of the Year award for 2012-2013.
Job Overview Position: Business Development Consultant (Outside Sales)
Job Type: Full Time, Employee
Travel: Domestic only (Client sites within the Houston Metropolitan Area)
Location: Houston, TX
Job Category: Information Technology
Relevant Work / Experience:
- 2+ Years’ experience in outside sales
- Experience in the IT industry is a plus
This position requires an individual who has a confident and competitive personality, who is able to pick up technology concepts quickly. Persons in the Outside Sales position need to create a sales funnel in order to bring a steady stream of revenue. The individual should be client-focused and have excellent communication and customer service skills. The person filling this role will be responsible for bringing on new clients and ensuring that projects and support sold will positively represent the reputation of CITOC.
Typical work activities:
An IT sales professional’s work falls into the three main areas of pre-sales, sales, and post-sales support of hardware and software.
- The first area involves supporting pre-sales activities by giving detailed information about technical specifications and the ways in which they could meet a customer’s needs in non-technical terms. This often includes demonstrating or describing features before a sale.
- The actual sale involves negotiating a Master Services Agreement to the benefit of both customer and CITOC.
- Post-sales support, which follows the sale, may include maximizing the use of features, as well as advising on appropriate user training, and determining future add-ons to maximize infrastructure and software efficiency.
Skills and specifications:
The role requires significant interaction with clients, which may be face-to-face or over the telephone.
Typical activities include:
- Generating new business for the company by phone prospecting (cold-calling), networking and gaining referrals
- Executing a consultative sales approach to identify and address potential customer needs
- Creating a personal experience for the client
- Participating in sales meetings
- Relationship building with new and existing clients
- Drafting Statements of Work (SoW) for review
- Ensuring quality of service by developing a thorough and detailed knowledge of technical specifications and other features of employers’ systems and processes, and then documenting them;
- Creating a proposal as a solution for the client’s technology needs as a deliverable
- Inputting client information, proposal, and quotes into the company database
- Responsible for kickoff meetings where a SoW will be proposed and presented to the client
- Maintaining awareness and keeping abreast of constantly changing software, hardware systems and peripherals
- Meeting sales targets set by managers and contributing to team targets
- Contributing to team or progress meetings to update and inform colleagues