As the most trusted IT Service Team in Houston, CITOC helps many businesses across the region upgrade from aging IT solutions to modern technologies that enhance business communications, improve office efficiencies and provide stronger protection for business assets.
Many business owners and their staff have asked us why they should consider a move from Windows XP or even Windows 7 to the latest Windows 8. Here are some of their questions and the answers why Windows 8 is a great investment for businesses today:
Why upgrade? Windows XP/Office 2003 works fine.
Are you aware of the End-of-Support risks?
- Security Risks – Unsupported operating systems/software (after April 14, 2014) that results in un-patched computers which are vulnerable to Malware, data loss and virus transmission.
- Compliance Risks – Unsupported computers may fail an audit, impacting certification, and public notification of customer data at risk.
- No One to Call for Support– When problems arise, online and phone-based technical support from Microsoft will no longer be available to assist you, leaving you on your own to deal with problems.
- Downtime – The risks of system failure and business disruption could increase because of the end of support, lack of supported software and the increasing age of hardware running Windows XP.
- Productivity – Moving to current software helps enhance productivity and professionalism. The latest version of Microsoft Office adds new features to help you stay productive regardless of the device you’re using, no matter where you’re working from and no matter who you’re working with. It’s designed for touch, pen and keyboard, providing an experience optimized to the device being used; and it supports access to content from virtually anywhere, whether through a browser or a smartphone.
Windows 7 has all I need. Why should I pay for another operating system?
Windows 8 is a “Better Windows 7” – with familiar interface, high compatibility, plus improved:
- Performance – Faster boot, higher performance, longer battery life
- Safety – BitLocker and USB encryption (not on Windows 7 Professional) & UEFI chip protection
- Integrated Wireless – Mobile Broadband, WIFI and Bluetooth integrated for easy, more-secure connectivity, faster connection from sleep, and one-click “airplane mode.”
- Connectivity – Easy implementation of DirectAcess (only in Windows 8 Enterprise), better that VPN.
Should I be concerned about financing the investment for Windows 8 and Office 2013?
- You’ll actually benefit financially in the long run. IDC reports that Windows 8 and Office 2013 have been estimated to save business up to $700 per year for each computer on the network.
- You’ll see immediate savings on web conferencing, virus protection software and server upgrades with Windows 8, Office 2013 and Office 365.
- Upgrade your computers to Windows 8 Professional and Office Standard 2013 and save up to 15% with CITOC’s limited-time offer that expires on June 30, 2013.
- Purchase Office and Windows 8 together through your CITOC and save 15% on up to 249 seats.
Contact CITOC to learn more about how Windows 8 and Office 2013 can help your business. Call us at today at: 713.490.5000, or visit us on the Web at: http://citocws.wpengine.com